DD Poker on Mac 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

Donohoe Digital
Administrator
Hello DD Poker Community,

I found myself with some spare time and set about to get DD Poker working again on Mac OS X.  I upgrade to Mavericks this weekend and discovered, much to my surprise, that DD Poker is working again.

I'm not sure if Apple fixed what was broken, but I was able to run DD Poker fine on 10.9.2.

Can anyone else confirm this?

-Doug

P.S.  Thanks for the recent donations - I appreciate it.

Re: DD Poker on Mac 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

Lampornis
This post was updated on .
Thanks Doug!

Sadly, it still does not work for me.  I get the intro screen and then it just quits.  Suggestions?  I am truly grateful that you are making the effort.  I am also running 10.9.2.

Cheers,

Don

Re: DD Poker on Mac 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

Sly_Fox
Thank you so much for your attention to the Mac problem that many players have been experiencing.

I have e-mailed all DDPoker players who are in my e-mail list of players.

I have informed them that they can respond to you here or send me the info and I will post it here for them.

Once again on behalf of all the DDPoker player gang......... especially those who have not been able to access DDPoker form their Mac computers. Thank You so much and I hope to see the donations increase so that you get the benefit of all the hard work you have done on this masterful Poker room.

Regards
Old_Slyfox
Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

Re: DD Poker on Mac 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

CenturionSkier
Doug,
Sorry by I am running 10.9.2 and and am having the same issue as before. Trys to start but stops after the splash screen shows up for about 10 seconds or so. Perhaps I will try to reinstall the DD software from scratch to see if that helps.

Doug,
Did the reinstall and now it is even quicker kicking off the splash screen. Just see it for a split second and then back to nothing.

Re: DD Poker on Mac 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

Sly_Fox
I am wondering if Apple has revised their version of Java and you do not have the latest version installed.

This is just a thought from my mind GL on getting a fix.

Old_Slyfox

Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

Re: DD Poker on Mac 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

komara
Thank you for all your effort on this, Doug, but, like the others, my DD briefly (less than a second) splashes on to the screen, then vanishes.
Kevin

Re: DD Poker on Mac 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

Keen
Same here.  May I suggest the problem is that DD Poker has not been upgraded to the latest version of JAVA which is normally upgraded with the installation of Maverick?  Also, not long ago I would also get an error notice something like: 'the developer has not been registered with Apple'

Re: DD Poker on Mac 10.9.2 (Mavericks)

Lampornis
I am wondering if the problem might be in how Java is set up on the Mac?  The Java control panel has several settings under the "Advanced" tab that are beyond my comprehension but might perhaps apply here.  Also, about the time DDPoker stopped working I began having issues with one of my browser extensions that required me to add a particular url I was accessing to an "exceptions" list to fix the problem.  Does DDPoker make any url calls when it boots that might be causing a similar Java problem?  Just some thoughts.

Cheers,

Lampornis (Don)