Ditto - DD Poker no Longer Working

Panhandle

Startup Logo flashes up quickly and disappears - DD Poker no longer loads- as of 2 days ago
Have MAC Version 10.6.8  and Java 1.6
Any help would be appreciated

Re: Ditto - DD Poker no Longer Working

jpriv
MY FIX:

I ended up reinstalling OS X 10.8 and then installing the 10.8.5 Combo Update (I keep disc images of each system install and combo updates).  That got me back to the proper (older) version of Java 6 that works with DD Poker 3:

java version "1.6.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_51-b11-457-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.51-b01-457, mixed mode)

In Terminal (Applications>Utilities), type "java -version" and you'll see the version you're running.

If you're still using 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) or 10.7.x (Lion), I suspect that reinstalling back to the base versions of those systems and then installing the last Combo Update should do the trick, minding not to install any update to Java that the Apple Software Update wants you to do.

Hope this helps others…

AND DON'T UPGRADE TO MAVERICKS, FOR NOW !!!

Re: Ditto - DD Poker no Longer Working

Donohoe Digital
Administrator