GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

12

GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Johnny Reggae
GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial

Our 15th Annual RFK Memorial Tournament was held today, We chose this venue at DD Poker as it's been fun holding it here the past four years.

Sadly DD Poker is limited (and always has been) to 30 Players maximum. Hence we had qualifiers beforehand to determine the final 30 who would play here. The very strong lineup meant that highly competitive play was guaranteed and that's exactly how it turned out. One or two fierce rivalries from down the years were renewed. Especially when we reached the final table stage.

Here's the Final Result.

1st Keith
2nd The Bean Counter
3rd Jane Ion
4th Mill Reef
5th Shanice Connors
6th FunLuvin1
7th Lisa Connors
8th Bula
9th Sting
10th Cincinnati Kid
11th Mookster
12th Night Gizmo
13th Justin Gatlin
14th Dr. John Carpenter
15th Derek Johnstone
16th UNLV 1991
17th Haitian Princess
18th Persian War
19th Crazy Chick
20th Johhny Reggae
21st Jabber
22nd Anaconda
23rd Crisp
24th Rudokov
25th Biggie 100
26th Brigadier Gerard
27th Sassee
28th Xanadu
29th Wraith
30th Natasha Connors

 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Jabber
Keith did a great job hosting and he won as well.  Final table lived up to it's billing.

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

DerekJohnstone
This post was updated on .
Was a wee fun ride, Hit a few good hands early on, then couldn't hit a thing, eventually ran out of bullets, busted out 15th.

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Jade of Roma
I know one or two of others have reservations about the software. I love the DD Poker software, It is free  for us to use and enjoy. I want to see us host more events here, Possibly one a month from our schedule. It's easy to create the right formats.

This post was updated on .
Long as EVERYONE sticks to Mookster's rules in regards to doing their fair share of the hosting then there's no problem with us playing more events here.

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Johnny Reggae
Problem I have is the 30 player limitation,  I personally didn't like the qualifying system used to decide which 30 players could play here. Seemed like a lottery, I would recommend using our ranking system.
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Mookster
Yes Jabber, Rules remain in place.

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Mookster
What I am envisaging is the possibility of holding one event a month from our schedule, Possibly a weekend event to suit all our time zones.

No qualifying tournament. We'd use our ranking system as Johnny suggested.

The Rankings go back the previous 52 weeks and are updated each Monday.

A theoretical example: new rankings come out on monday 11th June and we were due to hold a tournament here on saturday 16th June.

The top 30 players in the latest rankings from Monday 11th would be invited to play. Any of the top 30 unable to participate would automatically be replaced by the next players in the rankings. 31st, 32nd, 33rd etc etc.

Players must always earn their places through the rankings. That's as fair as it gets.

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

DerekJohnstone
Count me in. Have not looked at the rankings but was in top 30 last time i did.

That's fair enough, Nobody can really complain with what is a perfect ranking system.
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Johnny Reggae
Del, You are in there at 24.
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Evgeni Rudokov
I am in the top 10 but will decline the offer to play. JR mentioned lottery,  Jade mentioned some of us dislike the software, I am no fan of the software's dodgy algorithm. Dealer is a cheat and was probably made in Siberia!!!! Will say it plays much better in Heads-Up play which i enjoyed immensely.

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Jabber
You are not alone in declining, a few others have done so as well, this of course gives opportunities to players ranked lower down the rankings to pick up some ranking points.

Aye, Rudy, the algorithm is all in your mind, do not let it make you go "aff your heid" as we say in the wee scottish glens.

Notable absentees which we all knew about beforehand include the three Connors sisters, They always said that the RFK was going to be a one off event for them, mainly on account they feel obligated to play that particular event every year along with the 9/11 memorial in September.

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Mookster
On Saturday 30th June we will hold the "Last One Standing" event here at DD Poker

The top 30 players in the rankings of Monday 25th will be invited to play. Any of the top 30 unable to participate, (Examples being Rudokov and the Connors Sisters) will automatically be replaced by the next players in the rankings. 31st, 32nd, 33rd, 34th etc etc.

Under the same guidelines, The plan is to hold one event a month from our schedule here on the last Saturday of each month.

sounds good mook buddy, look forward to it.
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Rankings are subject to change anyway between now and then with a number of events thru the month of June, including the world cup events which have lots of points up for grabs, so we will likely see lots of movement through the top 100 rankings. I remember last year a player had a long layoff and came back last august ranked outside the top 100 and is now in the top 5.

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

Mookster
Yes, That would be Jane Ion, Whose results have been the model of consistency. Currently ranked #4.

Our system of Ranking points are awarded according to the stage of each tournament reached, and the prestige of the tournament, Our four majors awarding the most points. The rankings are updated every Monday, and points are dropped 52 weeks after being awarded. The ranking criteria has a 'best of' system This 'best of' system originally used 14 events but expanded to 18 in 2010.

Re: GMC™ Annual RFK Memorial At DD Poker

DerekJohnstone
Aye laddies, doubt i will ever make top 5 or the top 10, i really just enjoy playing for fun, and the pride of wee bonnie scotland!

12