GMC™ Ladies League Week 2

Jade of Roma
This post was updated on .
GMC™ Ladies League Week Two.

16 of the best Ladies in the GMC™ will do battle over a 26 week season in the GMC™ Ladies League here at DD Poker. Each week Points awarded for the top 6 finishers: 9, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1

In Week two, For the second week running one of the Connors Sisters won, This time it was Shanice who won the tournament after an epic battle with her bitter rival Haitian Princess. It was a classic encounter between two women who have no love lost whatsoever for each other and they gave it absolutely everything.

Results

1st Shanice Connors - 9 Points
2nd Haitian Princess - 6 Points
3rd BeverleyDawkins - 4 Points
4th Swedish Queen - 3 Points
5th Lisa Connors - 2 Points
6th Keisha - 1 Point
7th Lady Shreik
8th Tracy Yorke
9th Crazy Chick
10th Jane Ion
11th Hannah
12th Jade of Roma
13th Natasha Connors
14th FunLuvin1
15th Lacey
16th Sassee

Re: GMC™ Ladies League Week 2

Jade of Roma
This post was updated on .
Standings After Two Weeks

1st Natasha Connors - 9 Points
     Shanice Connors - 9 Points
3rd Sassee - 6 Points
      Haitian Princess - 6 Points
5th FunLuvin1 - 4 Points
5th Beverley Dawkins - 4 Points
7th Jane Ion - 3 Points
      Swedish Queen - 3 Points
9th Tracy Yorke - 2 Points
      Lisa Connors - 2 Points
11th Jade of Roma - 1 Point
      Keisha - 1 Point

Re: GMC™ Ladies League Week 2

Jabber
Great Stuff Jade, At the end, Shanice and HP fought to the bitter death with no quarter given. Seen many great battles with them over the years at GMC™ and this was another great battle.  Brilliant stuff.

Re: GMC™ Ladies League Week 2

Johnny Reggae
Last week it was Natasha who fought like her life depended on it, This week it was one of her older siblings Shanice who was involved in a death struggle with the very dangerous heavy hitter Haitian Princess and comes thru it, Beverley, Swedish Queen and Lisa Connors also played their part in an epic final table.
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Ladies League Week 2

DerekJohnstone
What a great game this was, Knowing the long history and bad blood between these two lass's, The tension during their heads-up and that final hand was remarkable. When the Queen came up it was sickening for Haitian Princess but that's the joy and heartbreak of Texas Holdem.

Re: GMC™ Ladies League Week 2

Mookster
Congratulations to Shanice on her win, My compliments also to her for a superbly organized and hosted event.

Re: GMC™ Ladies League Week 2

Jade of Roma
When I was deciding on how to resurrect the Ladies League, I had a fair idea of whom I wanted to play in it.
I drew up a list that grew to well over 50, In the end I had to get that down to what I considered to be the best 16 lady players in the GMC™ Not an easy task.

One of the major issues was that not everyone gets along with each other. Yes okay that happens everywhere but these were exceptional cases with deep personal issues among the individuals concerned.

As is the cases of Lacey and Keisha and of course the well documented bad blooded feud of Shanice and Haitian Princess. These cases are not just normal cases of people not getting along, it runs far deeper than that! We are talking about years of family feuds and goodness only knows what other complications between them.

So getting them to take part was quite an achievement in itself but we got there in the end. Odd as it may seem bad blood sometimes brings out the best in certain individuals, Yes this is not always the case but we saw the best of them in absolute abundance last night, Was quite proud of them.

Here's to week three next Thursday!