GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe: The Final

GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe: The Final

Shanice
GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe: The Final Hosted By Shanice

The Top 60 players from the GMC™ rankings of Monday 1st October were invited to play in this prestigious event.

The Final of the GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe using the Paris Club Elysées format.

Lisa wins the Arc de Triomphe, Lacey is 2nd, Simon was 3rd with Hannah coming in 4th.

Results
1st Lisa Connors
2nd Lacey
3rd Simon Carter
4th Hannah
5th Tim Downing
6th Cincinnati Kid
7th Jane Ion
8th Justin Gatlin
9th Davros
10th Xanadu
11th Keisha
12th Dan Dan Dunn
13th Dr. John Carpenter
14th Phil Carrington
15th Panther
16th Haitian Princess
17th Biggie1OO
18th Natasha Connors
19th Anaconda
20th Lee Pullinger
21st Swedish Queen
22nd Rudokov
23rd Shanice Connors
24th Jabber
25th Dennis Watts
26th Johnny Reggae
27th Sting
28th Bula
29th Wraith
30th Pendil
My Motto - I Fear Nobody

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe: The Final

Mookster
Congratulations to Lisa on her win, Also congratulations to Shanice who hosted and handled the final really superbly. Great work.

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe: The Final

DerekJohnstone
our wee lass ladies can really play cant they? i didnt qualify but had a great time on the observation deck, only thing missing was the popcorn!  lisa has been on fire lately and played a great game, wee lass lacey pushed her all the way, the arc was brilliant from start to finish, semis and final.

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe: The Final

Natasha
Well done Lisa, proud of you, good game everyone. I came 18th, not my day. Thanks.

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe: The Final

Johnny Reggae
Well we got the classic final we all hoped for but perhaps not quite the way we expected.

During Week 15 of the Ladies League I mentioned that the rest of the season could well hinge on Lacey with her vast experience vs the Connors sisters with their brilliant skills.

I didn't expect that two days later in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe that Lisa and Lacey would treat us to such an epic battle of wills and brilliant play. That's exactly how it turned out,

Once we reached the Final table and many notable absentees such as Carpenter, Shanice, Panther, Haitian Princess, Biggie, Pullinger and Natasha were no longer there, The play really hotted up. The tension was there as well as old rivalries were renewed.

Cincinnati Kid and Jane looked like they would make a move and went down like ninepins, then Tim, Hannah and Simon, Which left us with a Heads-Up for the ages and what a Heads-Up it turned out to be as it swung back and forth between these two masterful Ladies Lisa and Lacey. Eventually it was Lisa who took the accolades of being the 2018 Arc Champion. Both Lisa and Lacey deserve the warmest congratulations. Really great game.
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe: The Final

Jade of Roma
Just want to add my congratulations to Lisa. Absolutely superb.

Great job Shanice, You are our best host by far, Always a classy person.

I shared the observer area with several other non qualifiers and we had a ball of a time!

Needless to say that being the hostess of the Ladies League, I am extremely proud of the Ladies who took part in the Arc de Triomphe. Not only did Lisa win, but we had 3 of the top 4 places and 4 in the top 7. Very proud of them all. Good job Ladies!

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe: The Final

Jabber
48 hours previously Lisa and Lacey fought out a great game in week 15 of the Ladies League and it was Lacey 1st and Lisa 2nd. As good as that game was it pales to this one. Today Lisa winning after being embroiled with Lacey in another great encounter. This truly was a classic Arc and one of the best Arcs in years.

Today here at DD Poker thirty of the cream of the crop from the GMC™ were in this final and most of them came here with very bad intentions for each other.

Lisa today became a legend of the GMC™ by winning the Arc de Triomphe. It simply doesn't get much better than that.