GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Mookster
This post was updated on .
GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe

On Friday 5th October/Saturday 6th October we will hold the GMC™"Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe" category 1 event here at DD Poker. Our biggest event to be held here so far.

The top 60 players in the rankings of Monday 1st October have been invited to play in this category 1 event. All 60 have accepted the invitation, However If between now and friday any of the top 60 are unable to participate, he/she will automatically be replaced by the next players in the rankings. 61st, 62nd, 63rd, 64th etc etc.

Under the same guidelines, The plan is to hold one or maybe two events a month from our schedule here each month.

Sadly DD Poker is limited (and always has been) to 30 Players maximum. Hence we have to split the 60 players into two Semi Finals of 30, The top 15 from each semi final will qualify for the final. The two Semi Finals will be played on friday and the Final on saturday.

Lineup is now complete for the GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe" event. Based on our latest Rankings from Monday 1st October.

Here's the Semi Finals lineup together with his/her latest rankings.

Semi Final 1
47 Lee Pullinger
52 Julia Richmond
31 Napoleon Bonaly
53 Len Fairclough
36 FunLuvin1
27 Crisp
32 Night Gizmo
54 Dave Allen
51 Master Of Disaster
13 Wraith
21 Sassee
15 Hannah
42 Sting
10 Natasha Connors
57 Monzon
37 Keith
4 Crazy Chick
48 Dan Dan Dunn
20 Rudokov
59 Simon Carter
41 Roberto Desai
5 Dr. John Carpenter
8 Johnny Reggae
50 Dennis Watts
14 Alfie Conn
24 Anaconda
60 Tim Downing
17 Jabber
58 Phil Charrington

Semi Final 2
46 Lady Shreik
12 Tracy Yorke
43 Keisha
49 Deborah Schofield
38 North Carolina
44 Swedish Queen
25 Brigadier Gerard
11 Shanice Connors
3 Jane Ion
39 Pendil
26 Bula
40 Persian War
6 Haitian Princess
33 Biggie1OO
35 Derek Johnstone
2 Cincinnati Kid
55 Spanish Steps
9 Mookster
18 Kiyo
29 Lacey
34 Defcon1
28 Justin Gatlin
30 Mill Reef
56 Davros
23 Xanadu
16 Lisa Connors
45 Beverley Dawkins
19 Panther
7 Jade
1 Bean Counter

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

DerekJohnstone
wee grand event is the arc, i am ranked #35 big task ahead in my semi as the cream of the crop will all be here. thought you were going to do it all in one day my wee man?

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Mookster
Logistically impossible Derek, Though we will be holding both semi finals simultaneously on friday evening.

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Johnny Reggae
This is one of those must play events each year when the schedule is announced every January, fantastic stuff.

Mook, I am in the 1st semi, Who's going to host it? If nobody has been designated yet, I will be pleased to do it.
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Mookster
OK Johnny you can do the first one, Shanice is doing the second one.

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Johnny Reggae
Cheers will do.
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Natasha
My 1st Arc de Triomphe, looking forward to it, Thanks.

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Jade of Roma
I am sure it will be great held over the two days, can understand why you opted for two days instead of one! Which means some of the ladies who could make the final will get the chance to play here three days in a row!

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Crazy Chick
when it was announced i was not keen on playing three days, ladies league and this too, but i am #4 in the gmc and had to work hard to get there, but we all do in the gmc.

if i miss it the arc i lose lots of points because in the corresponding week last year i came in second place and need to defend those points this week, if i miss it i lose all those points from last year when next mondays rankings come out. it is not often i get to be #4 and #1 lady in the gmc.

i dont like playing three days but i got no choice!

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Johnny Reggae
Each year we all know Halloween is coming with the Arc and Crazy Chick starts cheering for Pompey!
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Shanice
Yeah, I am designated to host the second semi final.
My Motto - I Fear Nobody

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Jabber
As Johnny says, this is a must play tournament each year. Played with the Paris Club Elysées format.

Interesting what CC says about defending what she has from last year's event, I feel when one thinks along those lines it puts a bit of added pressure on a player and that's not always a good thing.

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Johnny Reggae
Jabber, Doing well in a category 1 event gains much but it's all about consistency over the 52 week period in all the events we all play in.

One shining example of consistency has been Jane Ion, and we've talked about this quite a lot this year, her consistency has been bordering the phenomenal, not just over the past 52 weeks but over the past 18 months.

The same must be said of Bean Counter, Dr Carpenter and all three of the Connors sisters, These players always bring great competitiveness to the tables. With that they also have phenomenal consistency. If they don't win then they usually make final tables.  These players have these important attributes, 1. Intelligence 2. Natural Poker Ability 3. Ability to Deal with Adversity and 4.Discipline. None of them have time for egos and leave egos at the door.
 "He Who Dares, Wins"

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

Dr John Carpenter
Johnny

From my standpoint, I do not play the game to make friends. Only thing I am interested in is coming out ahead and finishing in the money. Anger management has never been a problem for me. It is a problem for many other players. The game is played in the mind in many regards.

Dr John Carpenter

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

The Bean Counter
Thanks for the kind words Mr Reggae.

Re: GMC™ Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at DD Poker

The Bean Counter
I enjoy the events we play here for a couple of games, even some of the HU as well, but I think we've all had our quota of both this season.