How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

DownUnder
This post was updated on .
This is quick and dirty “How to” so please feel free to amend as you feel appropriate.

How to Host a Private Game of DD Poker.

Open DD Poker
Select a profile
Click "On Line".
Click "Host Online".
Select the game you want to host
Click "Continue".
Click the box “Configure Internet Connection”.
(the Public IP Address” box will turn pink).

If you don’t know your WAN IP address go to google and search “whats my ip

Copy the result or note it down and either paste or enter it as below.

You will now have a Game URL that looks like this “poker://60.242.134.27:11885/n-674/BZQ-799”

Now click “Open Lobby”.

You may get a text box that asks if you want to test the “incoming connection”.  Skip the test.

Your game is now able to be entered by the players.

Now under Game URLs you will see beside "Internet" an address the same as above,  “poker://60.242.134.27:11885/n-674/BZQ-799”

Use the copy button to the right and paste the URL to nabble forum.

How to Join a Private Game of DD Poker.

Copy the URL that was posted in the forum

Open DD Poker
Select a profile
Click "On Line".
Click "Join Online".
Paste the URL into "Game URL" (use the paste button to the right).
Click “Join Game”.  You may get rejected on your first try, if so click OK and you should connect on your second try.

DU

How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

Stew Hunger
Two interesting videos from Barloss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJczn1i51w host
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe3-MV9Nb74 join

Re: How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

komara
Old player...ready to get back in.
My old username was superintendent but I can't sign in to the online features.
When I try to link to my online profile, I get a message that the program can't connect to the DD poker server.  I am asked to check my Internet connection (active) and proper DNS configuration (I have no idea what that is).
Any advice?
Thanks,
Kevin

Re: How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

Stew Hunger
Hi Kevin
The server has been disabled.
Use the URL links on the DD poker Url thread.

Copy and paste into this game url field

any questions are welcome ......welcome back !

P.S THE EVENING GAME MAY START AT 5:00 pm nabble time
The confusion with start times kills me ....

Re: How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

komara
Thanks much!

Dr. Kevin O'Mara

Associate Professor

Department of Leadership

Concordia University Chicago

President

School Exec Connect

www.schoolexecconnect.com

Superintendent (ret.), Argo Community High School

President (ret.) Illinois High School District Organization

On Mar 22, 2020, at 1:32 PM, Stew Hunger [via DD Poker] <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Hi Kevin
The server has been disabled.
Use the URL links on the DD poker Url thread.

Copy and paste into this game url field

any questions are welcome ......welcome back !

http://dd-poker.3675753.n2.nabble.com/How-to-Host-or-Join-a-Private-Game-of-DD-Poker-tp7578581p7583091.html
To start a new topic under DD Poker, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker, click here.
NAML
jb

Re: How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

jb
Is it still possible to host a private game on DD Poker?

I got the following error when I tried:

Message: Invalid response from http://free.ddpoker.com:80/poker/servlet/null/v3.0p4/cat.13/key.P-/cwQwHbyAF9wPA7MlgjZfq0LdX4= data received: [ÿ]

Stacktrace: java.io.EOFException: Invalid response from http://free.ddpoker.com:80/poker/servlet/null/v3.0p4/cat.13/key.P-/cwQwHbyAF9wPA7MlgjZfq0LdX4= data received: [ÿ]
        at com.donohoedigital.comms.DDHttpClient.startRead(DDHttpClient.java:314)
        at com.donohoedigital.comms.DDMessenger.getURL(DDMessenger.java:259)
        at com.donohoedigital.comms.DDMessenger.sendMessage(DDMessenger.java:99)
        at com.donohoedigital.comms.DDMessenger$URLThread.run(DDMessenger.java:187)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

Stew Hunger
it is very possible to do a Local area network game.

jb

Re: How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

jb
First - Love the name.

Is it possible to do an internet game?

How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

Stew Hunger
Hi jb
They say it's simple to do , try going to the top of this thread and follow Downunders process.

             A really good idea is open your own thread here and
            have it titled something like Want to be a Host please help.

    A lot of people (smart people) can reply to any questions you may ask.

    Try joining a game tonight at 5:00 p.m (Nabble time)
   the server for Nabble is in California so it's Pacific Time.

   Join in and introduce yourself and If you make that post about
   being a new host I may learn how to do it myself.        Hope I see you soon !

                                            Stew

How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

   jb I just realized something.
You may have tried to access the now defunct DD SERVER !

       A brief bit of history The DD SERVER has been gone for a couple of years now

            Now a host configures their computer and router and posts a url on DD POKER  NABBLE.

        You can access the DD POKER NABBLE url link thread just by typing "DD POKER NABBLE"  into google....even without having to log in or register for that matter.

      If you know computer literate folks (millenials) they can help lots opening ports
         in your router and setting up the sequence of processes to host.

                   Please craft a new thread asking for follow up help

                                               Stay Safe JB         .........    Stew

Re: How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

HongKongKevin
Hi,

HongKongKevin here...

Any chance we can revive that server - or create a replacement?

Cheers!
Kevin

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:06 AM Stew Hunger [via DD Poker] <[hidden email]> wrote:
   jb I just realized something.
You may have tried to access the now defunct DD SERVER !

       A brief bit of history The DD SERVER has been gone for a couple of years now

            Now a host configures their computer and router and posts a url on DD POKER  NABBLE.

        You can access the DD POKER NABBLE url link thread just by typing "DD POKER NABBLE"  into google....even without having to log in or register for that matter.

      If you know computer literate folks (millenials) they can help lots opening ports
         in your router and setting up the sequence of processes to host.

                   Please craft a new thread asking for follow up help

                                               Stay Safe JB         .........    Stew

http://dd-poker.3675753.n2.nabble.com/How-to-Host-or-Join-a-Private-Game-of-DD-Poker-tp7578581p7583281.html
To start a new topic under DD Poker, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from DD Poker, click here.
NAML

Re: How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

JoeNitro
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

HongKongKevin
I have no desire to buy the rights - but I'd love to see the website reopened during this crisis...

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 2:59 PM JoeNitro [via DD Poker] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I believe there was an attempt several yrs ago to buy the rights to the game. I believe it was turned down and that's as far as it went.

http://dd-poker.3675753.n2.nabble.com/How-to-Host-or-Join-a-Private-Game-of-DD-Poker-tp7578581p7583283.html
NAML

How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

Hi Kevin
The DD poker site is still open where you can still get the installers.. http://www.ddpoker.com/

All the server did was make it convenient to join a game
and document the games that were played.

The url could be posted anywhere (example Twitter)
Now we just have to get the url and copy and paste into the url field

I remember when someone tried to buy the rights and the offer was way low.

We don't need a server but     It would be way easier to join (and select games) Nabble can display multiple games too.
                                       B.T.W a good programmer could probably set it up.
                                             But the fly in the ointment is it is too much trouble and does not pay       The business model has to make sense      Stew

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to Host or Join a Private Game of DD Poker

HongKongKevin
I just wish the original functionality could be reinstated - it was a great place to find games

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 9:04 AM JoeNitro [via DD Poker] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'd think a good programmer/hacker could reverse engineer the software and find out what calls it makes to the server and rebuild the back end. Wouldn't be fun, probably wouldn't make Doug very happy either lol

http://dd-poker.3675753.n2.nabble.com/How-to-Host-or-Join-a-Private-Game-of-DD-Poker-tp7578581p7583296.html