Mac Software Problem

komara
Hi,
This is Superintendent from DDPoker...
I'm hoping someone can help me.
My Mac version, which I have been using for over two years, is now suddenly not working.
It starts, then a fraction of second later, quits all by itself.
I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling, all to no avail.
My other system software is up to date and I haven't added any programs recently.
Ideas?

Re: Mac Software Problem

jpriv
After downloading an update using Apple's Software Update today (10-18-2013), DD Poker 3 would show the splash screen and then quit immediately.

I'm not sure what the update was, but it must have been a Java update.

I first tried to resolve the issue by uninstalling Java (using Oracle's and Apple's tips which you can find by doing a search) and reinstalling an earlier version of 6, but that did not work.

I ended up reinstalling OS X 10.8 and then installing the 10.8.5 Combo Update (I keep disc images of each system install and combo updates).  That got me back to the proper (older) version of Java 6 that works with DD Poker 3:

java version "1.6.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_51-b11-457-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.51-b01-457, mixed mode)

In Terminal, type "java -version" and you'll see which version you're running.

Hope this helps others...

Re: Mac Software Problem

JoeNitro
Well if it was windows doing the very same thing (which it has), I'd go to C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\.dd-poker3\save and rename the db folder. Works every time but i must have 10 renamed db folders i need to clean out. Once i test it and it works I never go back and delete the old ones. lol. How or if this translates to a Mac I wouldn't know.

Ah, I see now that Doug is on top of things.

I'm going to leave this here just for the windows folks because this solution has fixed every DD problem I've had since I found it, on the "DD Support Page". ;-)

Re: Mac Software Problem

Sly_Fox
Thanks for the info Joe. I just sent this link to calisa1.

She now has the Mac Problem also.
Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

Re: Mac Software Problem

Lampornis
I am having the same problem.  I am running OS 10.9 (Mavericks).

Cheers,

Lampornis

Re: Mac Software Problem

Stew Hunger
Try using a virtual windows machine
http://www.parallels.com/

Re: Mac Software Problem

Sly_Fox
I have forwarded this link to both Lampornis and Calisa1 hopefully we can find a end around to this problem.

Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

Re: Mac Software Problem

Lampornis
I am not a fan of virtual machines.  Used to run Parallels but it had so many problems that I got rid of it.  I have a Windows partition on my laptop so can use that if needed, but I am a Mac guy so will need this issue resolved.

Cheers,

Lampornis

Re: Mac java Problem

The Apple java situation is different, Apple has always had their own
java updates and who knows what surprise they have pulled off this time.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20020338-260.html