Opening raise amount

pokerplayer99
First off, I'm new to DD Poker and I must congratulate the creators!  Great work, this is a fantastic product!

My question is around opening raises for AI opponents.  It seems no matter what the type of opponent, the opening raise is always very high in the 4x - 5x the big blind.
1)  Standard is 3x even for solid players so its strange that the open is so high.
2)  It would be great to see this being a setting that could be configured per opponent.  Particularly for Calling Stations or the Tight Weak players who typically open with calling the big blind instead of raising.

My only complaint right now is that its not very realistic compared to many games with new players who tend for the weak plays.  The game is geared to aggression, which is the proper way to play, but many players don't follow that so its good have that reflected in the opponent settings.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

(If that setting already exists and I'm totally missing it, PLEASE tell me!)

Re: Opening raise amount

BigSlick
"... the opening raise is always very high in the 4x - 5x the big blind." - Yeah, some of those AI players hardly ever (if at all) fold.  I've attempted to tweak the "Maniac" player styles a few times, but it didn't change much, so either I have to tweak them some more or they just don't like to fold much.  Sometimes, I'll look for spots to shove against them - then they either fold, or I get a chance to double up against them. Other times, I'll open raise about 6-8BBs + 1BB for every limper if I think I can fold out all but one or two opponents.
    The AI villains don't seem to accurately reflect the average population tendecies in todays online microstakes games.  I imagine that they will with some tweaking of their behaviors with certain hand groups (I haven't learned this yet), but it's good for practing hand reading, getting used to which preflop hands are playable, etc.

    I haven't much experience creating custom AI villains yet, but I've been through the settings enough to be familiar with where most everything is at.  I think that next time I try it, I'm going to first make a simple Heads Up tournament/game; then make it so that it only uses one name for each player style (names = rock, calling station, maniac, etc).  Then try to tweak the playing style for the villain/opponent as precise as I can.  I should be able to tell by playing the AI villain for about a dozen or so hands if I've done it correctly or not.  Or maybe I'll make one player style that conforms to the overall strategy that I use and then assign the "Advisor" to use that playing style - I'll know if I've done it correctly once the Advisor starts to advise me according to the strategy that I use.

    Maybe later, I'll be able to enter some online games and play vs real people, if I ever get an internet connection at my place.
Forget it enough to get over it, remember it enough so it doesn't happen again.