People still do not run the latest java version

People still do not run the latest java version

http://dd-poker.3675753.n2.nabble.com/DD-poker-is-a-java-game-td5657593.html#a5659728

https://java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml#manual

Oracle just fixed 15 vulnerability's  For the Java SE program.

Microsoft Patch Tuesday, April 2020 last night was quite a THING on WIN 10.

                       sometimes MSFT updates mess my WIN 10 machine up.

Re: People still do not run the latest java version

JoeNitro
Do you have a proprietary PC, (HP/Dell, etc.) I built my own and have never had a Win10 hiccup. I think PC makers lock their machines down tight and have so much proprietary software that it's no surprise there are conflicts

I thought e1 was moving away from java, but what do i know I've been falling behind the curve since i retired ;-)

People still do not run the latest java version

Hi Joe
My Box is a Dell the stumbles I have is when the massive patches change settings
the last massive patch was on April 14 2020.

Sometimes people loses stuff that's why it's important to backup things.

I know several people lately that have not kept on top of updating
one persons rig got to the point of barley functioning.

Another WAS going to a vocational school learning how to code
just did not see the utility or NEED to update.
Java is  everywhere here is a few snippets from google.

Java is used to build applications and platforms for a number of devices, including computers, laptops, gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, car navigation systems, medical monitoring devices, parking meters, lottery terminals and smartphones

Java is a widely used programming language expressly designed for use in the distributed environment of the internet. It is the most popular programming language for Android smartphone applications and is also among the most favored for the development of edge devices and the internet of things.

3 billion mobile phones run Java. ... 100% of all Blu-ray players run Java. 1.4 billion Java Cards are manufactured each year. Java powers set-top boxes, printers, Web cams, games, car navigation systems, lottery terminals, medical devices, parking payment stations

Java is a widely used programming language expressly designed for use in the distributed environment of the internet. It is the most popular programming language for Android smartphone applications and is also among the most favored for the development of edge devices and the internet of things
Hackers use java vulnerability's to hack for example the Ring doorbell

The ring has 134 KB of RAM, 32 KB of ROM, a real-time clock and a Java virtual machine, which is a piece of software that recognizes the Java language and translates it for the user's computer system.

Java is also what gives DD poker a warm feeling.

Re: People still do not run the latest java version

JoeNitro
I ran a search and as near as i can tell I don't have an "installed" java app i.e. a stand alone Oracle version of java. I seem to remember uninstalling it several yrs ago because e1 said it wasn't safe to run.

People still do not run the latest java version

Stew Hunger
Hi  joe

  If you play DDpoker you are running  java.

KB4549951

Stew Hunger
Another Windows 10 update is causing serious problems, reducing performance, crashing and deleting files

        https://betanews.com/2020/04/23/kb4549951-crash-file-deletion/

          ANOTHER PATCH FOR A PATCH?

This Windows 10 update fail is the most serious yet – here’s what you need to do

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/this-windows-10-update-fail-is-the-most-serious-yet-heres-what-you-need-to-do

win 10 2004

Stew Hunger
not quite yet
Don’t Press Windows 10 2004 ‘Update Now’ Button, Microsoft Warns Some Users
https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinder/2020/05/28/dont-press-windows-10-2004-update-now-button-microsoft-warns-some-users-may2020-windows10-update-warning/#2a8aed126fc0