Shutdown of DDPoker - ideas for alternatives

Shutdown of DDPoker - ideas for alternatives

73337
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Shutdown of DDPoker - ideas for alternatives

Bass55
Administrator
Even though DDpoker's open games will be gone we should be able to host private games. so all we need is a universal email list to inform players of an open game and the URL to it.

Re: Shutdown of DDPoker - ideas for alternatives

73337
OK Bass. I just got an e-mail this AM with a bunch of addresses on it, so apparently Gary is trying to put together a list. If any DD player who sees this post wants to be added to his list, his e-mail address is GARYGFON@COMCAST.NET
Meanwhile WeArePennState and I (73337) are pursuing the CELEBPOKER.COM approach just to see what it does. We both have registered, but are trying to find out how to be private "friends" so that we can invite to our private games.
Sorry my other post went to the wrong place. I got an e-mail from nabble which said a reply would go to the original thread.
I have no idea where this one is going.

Re: Shutdown of DDPoker - ideas for alternatives

JoeNitro
It's pretty simple. We all know what time we usually play. Turn on pc, check E-mail or here, copy provided URL, paste into DD in the right spot. Hit "Join Game " If at first you don't succeed you probably put the URL in the wrong spot ;-)   Try Try again. Once you've done it once it's a piece of cake

Re: Shutdown of DDPoker - ideas for alternatives

Donohoe Digital
Administrator
Bass55 wrote
Even though DDpoker's open games will be gone we should be able to host private games. so all we need is a universal email list to inform players of an open game and the URL to it.
Yup, this is true.  You can still create games this way and share URLs.  You just won't have the stats recorded at ddpoker.com.

Re: Shutdown of DDPoker - ideas for alternatives

PokerBlues
Quite a few alternatives. "Real" money sites have a U.S. player problem. Home Games are popular on Stars but I've only participated. Don't know setup details. Others to think about maybe a Bitcoin site or a social site but it's late and my grey matter hurts

Re: Shutdown of DDPoker - ideas for alternatives

73337
Update - We have pretty much stopped looking for alternatives because a group of us got DDPoker to work as a private game after the DD Servers were shut down last night 7/31/2017
More info is in the Nabble post "How to Host & Join a Private Game" by Downunder. This has a link to the 18th reply under the post "Internet Games" also by Downunder.
Thanks to Joe for posting all this great info.