Stats Page

hercemer
This is a heads up for anyone still using my stats page.  DYNDNS is stopping their free DNS hosting in 30 days and my stats page will be unavailable after that.

This stats page is the hot set up

Thank you hercemer for providing it for as long as you did your stats page is one of a kind
and irreplaceable.

Re: Stats Page

Sly_Fox
Can you please contact me to tell us what alternatives are available to keep Hercemers stats page on line and talking with the DDPoker servers for data ?

Hercemers stats page is a major tool for the hosts and competitors.

You can contact me at gp32838@roadrunner.com

Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

Re: Stats Page

hercemer
Unfortunately, I do not have a good alternative for this.

I can (and probably will) buy a domain name, but I won’t be getting to this in the near future.

Without DNS I would have to post to the forums each time my IP address changes.  This would be a pain for me and the users of the stats page.

Also, the hardware the stats page is running on is very old and needs to be updated.  This would require non trivial updates to the stats page to try and bring it up to the latest .net framework version, and migration to a new server.

Even if I had the time to start on this now, I would expect most people would have moved on by the time I got it done, and there wouldn’t be much point.

I’m glad people were able to get some use out of my stats page, but I don’t see it being worth the time and effort to move forward with it.

Re: Stats Page

Sly_Fox
Thank You very much for the reply hercemer............... It has been a pleasure knowing you.

We will all miss your stats page but as with life......... Nothing stays the same forever.

We will have to make do with what we have yet  (thankfully we still have DDPoker), but I am sure everyone will understand. You were very gracious to keep it on line for so long it was very much appreciated.

Once again Thank You for all that you did for DDPoker and the poker players.

We miss you so. I hope that all is well with your Mom....... She was a fun poker player.

Regards
George aka Old_Slyfox

Unfortunately, I do not have a good alternative for this.

I can (and probably will) buy a domain name, but I won’t be getting to this in the near future.

Without DNS I would have to post to the forums each time my IP address changes.  This would be a pain for me and the users of the stats page.

Also, the hardware the stats page is running on is very old and needs to be updated.  This would require non trivial updates to the stats page to try and bring it up to the latest .net framework version, and migration to a new server.

Even if I had the time to start on this now, I would expect most people would have moved on by the time I got it done, and there wouldn’t be much point.

I’m glad people were able to get some use out of my stats page, but I don’t see it being worth the time and effort to move forward with it.

http://dd-poker.3675753.n2.nabble.com/Stats-Page-tp7578283p7578298.html
To unsubscribe from Stats Page, click here.
NAML

Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.