sound effects

Albatross
Is there any way to customize the sounds in the game? I was going thru the dd poker files installed on my computer and noticed the sounds are .wav files. I downloaded a few wav sounds and copied them into the audio folder and gave them the same names as the old ones i was replacing but cant seem to get them to work. Anybody ever try this with success?

Re: sound effects

bigfoot1
  I dunno how,but if you get it working please let us know.That would be cool.

 I would dig having the homer simpson,"doh"and such..lol

  pat

Re: sound effects

Albatross
Seems that when I replace the wav files and name them the same as the ones I replaced it makes no sound effect at all. Will keep at it and I hope I get it.

Re: sound effects

Sly_Fox
Albatross wrote
Seems that when I replace the wav files and name them the same as the ones I replaced it makes no sound effect at all. Will keep at it and I hope I get it.
I hope I don't get attacked for responding to you Albatross, but I know exactly what you are saying.

Years ago there was a card game web site that was run by Microsoft I believe.

They had a lot of .wav files that created sounds after certain things happened. Everyone I knew had searched the internet and replaced a lot of those sounds with sounds of their liking.

It is my suspicion that with that Microsoft web site they were using any .wav file that were in the proper folder for sounds.

It may well be that Doug has programmed the sounds from the main server so that the only sounds that can be used are those that are specifically programmed by Doug for use in ddpoker.

I tried using other .wav files about 4 years ago and it did not work for me either, I would love to see a response from Doug as to why we can not replace sound files in ddpoker with normal .wav format files.

Regards
DND aka Slyfox
Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

Re: sound effects

Albatross
The .wav files are there under program files/ddpoker3/config/poker/audio. I'm no computer wizard so I have no clue if they have to be the same size, length or what have it.

Re: sound effects

nwnut
Sly_Fox wrote
I hope I don't get attacked for responding to you Albatross, but I know exactly what you are saying.

Regards
DND aka Slyfox

Sly_Fox wrote
This is the last post in any forums for me... I will still be playing and hosting games in ddpoker for the many friends I have met here.
 DND aka Slyfox
P.O.A.G: (P)atronize. (O)rganize. (A)uthorize. (G)loat.

No point in being a Narcissist unless you show it!

lolololol....

Re: sound effects

Donohoe Digital
Administrator
There is no magic.  It should work.  What exactly did you replace?

Re: sound effects

Albatross
I went into the above mentioned folder and replaced the bell2 wav clip with a wav clip that i grabbed off of a site. After I put it in there I renamed it bell2 because I figured that the way the program was written it would be looking for the bell2 file to play. But when I did that all I got was silence when it was signaling me it was my turn. I don't think the bit rate was the same as the old file but that shouldn't matter right?
SK.

Re: sound effects

SK.
Call me old school, I kinda liked the 1st DD poker song, the second one sucked, turn it off

Why do U wanna go inside the program and change things?

Its poker, bell sounds when its your turn

CALL, RAISE OR FOLD

Kinda worries me that people are trying 2 corrupt the files, whats next???

When your finished with your correct sound can U plz get 2 work on the RNG, cheers
F DD

Re: sound effects

Albatross
Whats wrong with making something unique? People change their ringtones on their phones all the time. All houses dont have the same doorbell, cars have different sounding horns. After playing thousands of hands im hearing the bell in my sleep. lol

Re: sound effects

alcohol.wav

badloser.wav

feelLuckyPunk.wav

nevrshot.wav

saycheers.wav

ialwayswin.wav

dontdothat.wav

dothat.wav

bell3_.wav

Re: sound effects

Ray64
Works for me.  Make sure DD is not running when you do the file replacement.  Make sure you get the file name exactly the same (check properties of the file or use a Command Prompt to verify both file name and extension match with nothing extra).

Something else to try is just renaming one of the original files.  Rename bell.wav to bell.wav.bkp for instance.  If you start DD and that sound effect still works, then there must be multiple instances on your computer.

On Linux you could use the find command to search for all instances of a file:

sudo find / -iname bell.wav