welcome new players

12

welcome new players

bigfoot1
  Welcome to DD Poker.We are glad to have you at the tables.If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask.

  pat..aka,bigfoot1

Re: welcome new players

Stew Hunger
We were all new players once !
                                               Welcome

P.S. a wealth of information and experience exists at Poker Pastime.

Re: welcome new players

NOKO
Very true Mac, we have all been the new player at the tables, I'm glad to say when i came to DD as a newbie it was a welcoming experience, that's several years ago now and i still love it.

Re: welcome new players

bigfoot1
I too remember when I first started here.Everyone was so cool and I still enjoy it too.

Re: welcome new players

bigfoot1
  It is so cool to see new folks joining.I hope they arent too shy and join us on the tables.

  pat

Re: welcome new players

bigfoot1

Re: welcome new players

wild one
Hi Bigfoot     I have played about 5 games at the table and it didn't seem like anyone payed me mauch attention and I did tell them I was new. But this is not really hear nor there Im sure that will come with time. My one big problem is I can't under stand a lot of the acronyms they use I googled poker acronyms and the one I printed out only covered half or so of them. Can you help ?

        Thanks wild one

Re: welcome new players

Adam Schiff
lol opie

Re: welcome new players

bigfoot1
wild one,
 Sure I will help you out.First,what is the name you are online activated with ?I only ask because there are those who would wish to see me waste my time,you know,forum trolls.

  I will assume for now that you are new and I welcome you to DD.I hope you have a great time and tell your friends also about DD.

  cheers,

  pat

Re: welcome new players

Adam Schiff
he is opus day

Re: welcome new players

NOKO
What makes you think this is opus dei ?

Re: welcome new players

wild one
Hi bigfoot

My name on DD poker is wild one if this is what you are refering to by online activated with if not let me know.

              Wild One

Re: welcome new players

bigfoot1
wild one,
 It looks like you play pretty well...cool.There are soooo many acronyms that I dont know where to start.Perhaps you van ask for the ones you dont know.I'll answer all I can.

  welcome to DD for sure.May I ask how you found us ?

  pat

Re: welcome new players

wild one
Pat
    I'm 70 yrs old and played with friends (5 card draw,7 card stud, etc) some 40 yrs ago.Back a couple of yrs. ago I sat down at a table of texas holdem with no idea what it was all about. Needless to say I got my ass kicked. Right now I have a hip going so it slowed me down and I did a search on line for poker games software (texas holdem ) DD poped up on EBay one was for $10.00 THOUGHT I had a great deal of course I found out later the newer version is for free. What I will do is start writting the ones I don't understand and get back with you.

                                                            Thanks Jerry

Re: welcome new players

Stew Hunger
Welcome Wild one !

There is tons of acronyms (some you might not wanna know) and some have double meanings.
Also more nicknames exist here than you can shake a stick at.

Many people here and at Poker Pastime can easily help you with anything or answer any question.

As for the butt kicking thing , that happened to me too when I first came here..and I did not realize
my stats were tracked for a long time! U got a very cool alias !

Re: welcome new players

wild one
Thanks Mack

   Wish I could type faster when I get asked something before I get an answer up there are 3 more things up.Here are a few I havenot figured out yet that are used quiet a bit.
TY 4 h
Gl
lol
crik
gf                                                                       Thanks    wild one

Re: welcome new players

DrussTheLegend
TY 4 h   = Thank you for hosting, just people being polite for the host giving time to put the game up for them to play in.

Gl = Good Luck, when someone is all in

lol = Laugh Out Loud, when someone has said something humourous.

crik = is a guys name, he plays here so you have seen people talking to him and using his real name.

gf   =   Good Fold, usually when someone drops a big hand to find they were losing anyway.

Mars is in Uranus and Saturns rings looking sweet, it just might be your day.

To say you are Sly would be to assume that you have cunning and wit and you clearly have neither Old Man.

Deranged
Narcissistic
Degenerate.

Re: welcome new players

NOKO
GF is also an acronym for girlfriend
nh      Nice hand
vnh    Very Nice Hand
gg      Good Game
AFK    Away from keyboard
BRB    Be right back
ty      thank you
tyvm  thank you very much

from time to time you may see a string of people typing 44 into the chat box, that is simply a dedication for remembrance of a friend and fellow player in DD who recently passed away, his alias was South44.

Re: welcome new players

Sly_Fox
wild one wrote
Thanks Mack

   Wish I could type faster when I get asked something before I get an answer up there are 3 more things up.Here are a few I havenot figured out yet that are used quiet a bit.
TY 4 h
Gl
lol
crik
gf                                                                       Thanks    wild one
Don't fret the slow typing speed wild one. I use the "Hunt and Peck" method and I get lost on the keyboard so I am about 5 comments down when I respond ☺☺

Just type and we will find out what you were responding to.

DND
Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

Re: welcome new players

wild one
Thanks every one will let you know when I run into more trouble. You are all good players

                                      wild one
12